The intention of the first Trail’s End Western Art Show is to exhibit art which draws inspiration from the
American West, which can include both historic and contemporary themes and imagery.
In the 19th century Sedalia, Missouri was known as the Trail’s End or last stop for the cowboys and wranglers
who worked the great western cattle drives which brought the beef to the railhead and thence to market in the
east. Without the railroad there would have been no Sedalia, but the area is also rich in pioneer and Native
American history. Missouri was the starting point for the Lewis and Clark expedition in 1804, the Emigrant
Trail, and the Westward movement beginning in the 1850s.
Today, Sedalia has a Trail’s End Monument at the junction of south Highway 65 and 16th Street which
celebrates this history. This art exhibit will be a contemporary reflection of Sedalia’s history, the indomitable
spirit of the cowboy, the legend of the cattle drives, and the beauty of the landscape.
ELIGIBILITY The Trail’s End Western Art Show is open to any artist 21 years of age or older. All artwork
must be the original work of the submitting artist and created during the last three years. Commercial
duplications of prints or drawings will not be accepted.
SPECIFICATIONS Any two-dimensional or three-dimensional media is eligible. All work must be ready to
hang with an appropriate device. Maximum size is 60” in length, width and height. Three-dimensional work
must be able to pass through a standard doorway. There is a 150 pound maximum for all works. No artwork
may be suspended from the ceiling.
AWARDS $2000 in cash awards will be presented. $1000 for the Best of Show award and two $500 Merit
JUROR Eric Fuson will serve as the juror for this exhibit. Mr. Fuson is the current Executive Director of the
Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art in St. Joseph, Missouri. He taught at Missouri Western State University for
over thirty years in the Art Department of foundations and then as the director of sculpture. During this time, he
was also the artistic director of the Walter Cronkite Memorial, guiding the overall design and creation of
exhibits in the museum. His personal artwork incorporates painting, drawing and sculpture and is in collections
across the country. Currently he is also creating a memorial in honor of local firefighters.
LOCATION/SPONSOR The Liberty Center Association for the Arts will host the first Trail’s End Western
Art Show in three galleries at the Hayden Liberty Center, 111 West 5th, downtown Sedalia, Missouri. More
information about the Liberty Center Association for the Arts (LCAA), a non-profit arts organization housed
within the historic Hayden Liberty Center, can be found on our Facebook page or on our website at
REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
ENTRY FEE A fee of $30 will allow the entry of one or two works. This fee can be paid online here
https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?class=lcafa. Choose term “Fall ’21” and then Click Here to Register
Trail’s End Western Art Show. Entry fees can also be paid with credit card by calling the Liberty Center
Association for the Arts at 660-827-3228, Tuesday-Saturday 1-5 pm, or by delivery of check or cash to the
Liberty Center box office. Entry fees are non-refundable. Checks should be made to LCAA (Liberty Center
Association for the Arts).
A) JPEG/DIGITAL IMAGE (UP TO TWO WORKS OF ART MAY BE SUBMITTED PER ENTRY
· Images submitted as JPEG file format only. NO .png or .tiff files, please.
· High resolution JPEG files preferred with file size minimum of 1MB and not to exceed 3MB
· Please make sure that your digital image is: sharp and in focus; cropped to feature only your artwork,
free of any time-date stamp.
· Please re-name your JPEG image files with your last name and one word from the artwork title --
· Include JPEG images as attachment to one email. Please do not embed jpeg files in a document. Do
not send folders or other materials. Do not send multiple emails.
B) ARTWORK INFO FOR EACH WORK SUBMITTED
· Artwork title
· Year completed - only works created 2018, 2019, 2020 or 2021 are eligible for consideration
· Media & surface - (Example: oil on canvas; graphite on paper; digital photograph on paper)
· Artwork dimensions - height X width
· Sale price or if not for sale, list as NFS; Artwork must either have a sale price or be listed as NFS (Not
For Sale). We will not list artworks as POR (Price on Request).
· Optional: Artist’s statement about your specific artwork entries. Limit 70 words in First Person
point-of-view. Include statement in the body of your email—no attachments. Please be clear as to
which artwork your statement is referring.
C) ARTIST INFO
· Artist name (If you use an alias or 'artist' name, please specify the correct name for us to use for
· Mailing address, city, state, zip code and phone number
· Email address and Website and/or social media links for Instagram, Facebook or Twitter if desired.
Include all required information in the body of one email. Images, artist & artwork info emailed
to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2021.
JURYING PROCESS and FINAL SELECTION
· This exhibit will be juried from JPEG images submitted by email.
· Submittal of artwork does not guarantee selection for this juried exhibition.
· A juried exhibit is a competitive process.
· Artworks selected for this exhibit are at the Juror’s discretion. The juror reserves the right to remove an
unacceptable entry during the final judging.
· Accepted works which differ significantly from the submitted photograph will be disqualified.
DELIVERY Accepted entries may be hand delivered or shipped to the Hayden Liberty Center/Liberty Center
Association for the Arts, 111 W. 5th St., Sedalia, MO 65301). Please allow ample time for entries to reach us.
Artists will be responsible for all shipping or delivery cost. Hand delivered works will be accepted between the
hours of 10 am -5pm August 31, September 1, 2, or 7. All must arrive by September 7, 2021.
OPENING RECEPTION The artist’s reception will be held in the galleries at the Hayden Liberty Center, 111
West 5th, Sedalia, Missouri on September 17, 2021 from 6 pm – 9 pm.
SALES Artists are encouraged to list their works for sale. The LCAA will retain a 30% commission of the
selling price on all sales during the exhibition. Payments for all works sold will be made to the artist on or
before November 5, 2021,
LIABILITY Utmost care in handling will be given to all entries. However, the Liberty Center Association for
the Arts (LCAA) will assume no responsibility for the loss or damage to any work entered. All individuals
working with this exhibition shall be held blameless for any and all liabilities arising from this exhibition. The
LCAA shall assume the right to reproduce any entry for publicity purposes related to this exhibition for future
exhibitions. The return of the entry form constitutes the artist's agreement with conditions set forth in this
July 31, 2021: Deadline to receive artwork entries. Images (along with artwork and artist information) need to
be sent by email to email@example.com. Entry fee needs to be paid at the following link https://
app.arts-people.com/index.php?class=lcafa or through the Hayden Liberty Center box office Tuesday-
Saturday 1-5 pm.
August 10, 2021: Notification of juror selections sent via email by this date.
September 7, 2021 by 5 pm: Shipped or delivered artwork must be received at the Hayden Liberty Center, 111
West 5th, Sedalia, MO 65301.
September 17, 2021, 6- 9 pm: Opening reception for exhibition
October 30, 2021: Exhibition closes; return of shipped work within 10 business days
November 1-3, 1 pm-5 pm: Pick up of hand-delivered work